Monday, June 17, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened



Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

 

By: Jenny lawson

 

Published By: Amy Einhorn: Putnam

 

Published on: April 17, 2012

 

Rating 3 out of 5 Stars






ok...my first thoughts of this book was WTF. Really. I like Memoir's I really do, especially funny ones, but this book was pointless.

Yes it was very funny but overall, I finished this book with a sense that I didn’t really get anything out of reading it. There honestly did not seem to have much of a point to it.  Yes we got into the head of Ms. Lawson like growing up the daughter of a taxidermist, struggling through her eating disorder and also her anxiety. I would have enjoyed more straightforward honesty as opposed to having everything packed up in jokes that often detracted for the story she was trying to tell.

I really wanted to like this book. The only reason it got 3 stars instead of 2 was the fact it was an audio book and it did help make the story funnier.

I honestly feel very sorry for her husband.

No comments :

Post a Comment