Saturday, November 29, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Fangirl

FangirlFangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

LOVED THIS BOOK OMG

After reading Eleanor and Park I knew this book was a must read. Since the wait list was so long at the library for both books I decided to get the audiobook since there was no wait for them. Best idea ever. Both books were narrated by the same person. I love her voice. I love this book.

Since I am an identical twin, I am a sucker for just about any book about twins. The books just gravitate towards me with big bubbles above them saying read me.

This book is about Cather and her twin sister Wren. They both love Simon Snow (aka Harry Pottter) and writing their own fan fiction about the books. Both girls are starting their freshman year and the same college. Cath is heartbroken they are not dorm mates but Wren is excited to branch off and become her own person. I was truly heartbroken throughout this book when you started to find out how Wren was acting and treating Cather. This is actually one twin book I could not relate to (thank god)

The beginning of the book is slow moving as Cath meanders through her classes and we depend more heavily on bits from the Simon Snow books and from her fan fiction chapters. As the novel progresses we get to know Cath a bit more and can understand why she’s hesitant to leave home and welcome change.

To be honest I could have done without all the Simon Snow blurbs. Im guilty of pushing my skip button and just not listening to it all everyone time it came on.

Levi, Levi, Levi….I can't tell you how refreshing it is to have a male love interest be just a genuinely good guy, who treats every person he meets with politeness and good humor. Someone has his own interests and makes human mistakes and tries to do good. Someone who respects and personal boundaries and when sex comes up, approaches the discussion and possibility in a way to make sure both parties are 100% comfortable. He's not a mysterious bad guy and that is so sexy.

I really don’t want to say much more about the book so I don’t give anything away, but really pick up the book you will not be disappointed. Especially the audio book!


View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment