Sunday, November 30, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Down Solo

Down SoloDown Solo by Earl Javorsky
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review

So what really drew me to this book was the cover. Yes I judge a book by its cover almost all the time. It usually does not turn me down. And again I find myself correct. This was a very funny quirky mystery. Definitely a type of book I have not read this year. I am glad I am branching out and reading books I usually would not, because I have been finding a lot of GREAT books this year. Go ME.

Ok so the book….

Imagine you are a detective and a very pretty girl needs your help. You go about working on a case and the next thing you know you are waking up in a morgue NAKED. Don’t remember a damn thing… and the biggest kicker….You have a bullet hole in your head. What the hell?! I would definitely mark that as a bad day. But for some odd reason you are giving a second chance in life. I don’t know if you would count yourself as a zombie…but definitely not living. Now to add to your already shitty day, your daughter has been kidnapped, and your house was just burned down to the ground. Yup a very crappy day. Now for the last kicker. You were a heroin addict before you died and now that you’re dead you are still craving the stuff and need to go find your drug dealer. WOW

See I told you, you would be hooked.

This is such a fast page turner you really won’t want to do anything else but finished the book to see what happens next. You will giggle, snort and roll your eyes throughout the book. This is ok… Rule of advice, if you’re going to bring the book to the john with you, don’t camp out in there, your family will frown upon this!

Enjoy! I know I did



View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment