Friday, August 9, 2013

Hitter

 

Hitter

 

By Daryn Guarino

 

Published By: December House

 

Published On: August 7, 2013

Rating 5 out of 5 freaking stars!



I received a copy of this book as an early reviewer copy from the author for an exchange of an honest review. That in no way has influenced my review.
By far the BEST book I have read in a long time. I love me some blood and gore and that is exactly what this book delivered!!!

It is not for the weak hearted.

This book puts you in the head of a hitman. It follows him through childhood and how he learned boxing and he fought his way through childhood. His background led him to hurt others, first by punching them and later by murdering them and mutilating their bodies. He also becomes a drug lord, stealing money and other valuables in exchange for drugs.

I liked how each chapter describe a "new mission" or work detail he was working on. It made the book flow. I liked how the narrator included family things and intertwined it with the book.

Guarino is a great writer and Hitter was an easy read and also keeps you interested in the story. There are parts that you just wanted to rush through to find out what was going to happen next. I will be looking for more books to come from this author!

No comments :

Post a Comment