Friday, January 27, 2023

Book Review: All the pretty things By: Emily Arsenault

All the Pretty ThingsAll the Pretty Things by Emily Arsenault
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Despite promising an exciting mystery, "All the Pretty Things" never delivered. When I discovered that the was set in an amusement park, I was excited, expecting a dark, nail-biting mystery. Instead I got Ivy, a rather boring protagonist walking around talking to people and along the way discovering some disturbing family secrets.
Ivy worked at her father’s amusement park and a coworker, Ethan, mysteriously dies after work one night. Ivy is unsettled by Ethan’s death and the reaction her best friend Morgan had shortly after Ethan’s death. Ivy starts an investigation and finds out the truth about Ethan’s death and Morgan’s mental health crisis
The cover was very beautiful and caught my eye, and again one of the reasons why I requested the book. Sadly the book just didn’t deliver. It felt like it was missing something. I was hoping for some crazy, exciting, thrilling plot twist, but sadly nothing.
Over was a decent book and would rate it a solid 3 stars.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in an exchange for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment