Friday, July 20, 2018

Review: Tyler Johnson Was Here

Tyler Johnson Was Here Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I listened to the Audio book. I'm on the fence about this book. I really wanted to love it because this is a relevant issue that must be addressed but I feel like I've read this story before. Because of that, events that took place were incredibly predictable.

I felt like in the middle of the book the main character just kept whining and whining and couldn't get over his problems. More than once in my car I was saying, "dude, Shut the F* up already".....

But other than that, if you want something different about a very good topic.... this is good

Tyler Johnson lives in the hood. The hood where everyone assumes that your a thug and will do nothing with your life. Tyler has a twin brother who is a jock while tyler is the nerd.

Their father is in prison for drug charges and a murder. typical for parents of children who live in the hood.

But when Tyler's brother is killed by a cop, everything changes for him. He must know figure out what everyone is telling him is true. Are the cops racist. Do black lives really matter? When will this police brutality finally end?!

This book makes you think and see the topic from a different side if you are not black.




View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment