Wednesday, September 24, 2014

All Unquiet things

All Unquiet ThingsAll Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Audrey and Neily team up Carly was murdered at the beginning of her junior year of high school. Her ex-boyfriend, Neily, is the one who found her body, shot three times in the chest. Right before Carly was found murdered, she called Neily’s cell phone, and, when he didn’t pick up, left a cryptic message. Carly's uncle was convicted of the murder, but Carly's cousin Audrey doesn't believe her father to be the murderer. At the beginning of their senior year, Neily and Audrey unite to discover Carly’s tangled secrets and implicate the real murderer.
There were only a few suspects in the story but when it came down to it, I totally didn't see it coming when the actual murderer was revealed. The ironic part is I was so sure I had everything figured out. The ending shocked me and left me in awe. I was so unprepared of what happened. I believed throughout the whole story and convinced myself that I knew what was going on because there was no way to surprise me with such an obvious plot. Silly me. Should have known better. The entire book was a complex web of lies and truths and I just had a great time reading the book. I also think it would lend itself nicely to a movie format.

This book deserves far more praise than what it has gotten.


View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment