Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Hockey Saint

The Hockey SaintThe Hockey Saint by Howard Shapiro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I got a copy of this book from the author in an exchange for an honest review. This has not influenced in my review in anyway.

I have NEVER, EVER read a graphic novel before. This year I promised myself to start reading out of my comfort zone. I can honestly say I was distracted by the pictures and had to re-read the story to actually
“see” and read everything and get the full story.
Thank goodness I did. What a wonderful story! This story is about a boy who gets to meet his hockey idol and realizes that being a professional athlete isn’t what is cracked up to be. Having all the money in the world cannot make a happy life no matter what people may think. He is shown the good and the bad of being a professional athlete. I love the relationship that Mr. Shapiro formed between the two characters and it made it easy to relate to the characters.

I would definitely recommend this book to any teenager and graphic novel fans. An overall a nice story.


View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment