Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stalk Me

Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1)Stalk Me by Jillian Dodd
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I do not know why, it has all my pet peeves rolled into one book, and yet I read it like it was a crack fix and if the sequel would have been out I would have bought that too.

I really do not understand why I like it. It was very fast paced and I read in one sitting, and like I said - immediately went on line to see if sequel was out.

This book kind of reminds me of those horrible guilty pleasure reality TV shows. You don't want to watch it but you do, you may not even admit to watching it like that Making the Band on MTV with Aubrey.

Keatyn Douglas was living the life she'd always wanted. She was dating the most popular guy and was in the clique with the rich and popular kids. She should have been happy to be living the life she'd scripted, so why wasn't she?

Honestly, I didn't like Keatyn. All she seemed to worry about was getting laid, and she wasn't too good at looking out for herself. Also, I felt like she was such a hypocrite, saying all Vanessa, her best friend, cared about was popularity when really, she worried about that, too, only she didn't want to follow Vanessa around anymore. And don't even remind me of her thoughtless actions.

I thought she was going to start redeeming herself after breaking off from the things she didn't like - her unsatisfying boyfriend, her fake friends - but unfortunately, her personality went downhill instead of up. She did have some good points, especially with how she appreciated all the blessings she had, but her mind just worked so differently from mine that I couldn't sympathize with her.



View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment