Friday, March 29, 2013

Cat & Mouse


Cat and Mouse by James Patterson

Rating 3 out of 5 stars

The 4th book in the thrilling series of Alex Cross........

I expected alot from this book seeming how i LOVED the first 2 books.... the third book was very boring and very excited to see Gary Soneji back for the 4th book.... low and behold...i was very disappointed...

As you would expect from Patterson, this is a page turner, with incredibly short chapters and pacy sentences. Alex Cross is once again faced with his nemesis, Gary Soneji, as well as an even more gruesome murderer, Mr Smith. There is the usual love interest, and the usual sweet (sometimes in quite a saccharine manner) interludes with his family. This is Gary Soneji's last outing, but he makes it a difficult one for Cross as one would expect.

I found the love scenes uncomfortable and completely out of place - I know Cross has found a new woman, but I don't really want to hear about their bedroom antics. For that I would read a romance, not a particularly gory crime fiction novel. Also, the identity of Mr Smith just didn't hold together for me. The idea was good but I found the execution poor and unconvincing. It was almost too difficult to suspend your disbelief and so I was pretty disappointed.




No comments :

Post a Comment